I have been studying my little buckets from last year, and it dawned on me…they are perfect for using as pencil keeper-table identifiers! (Remember, I am doing the cute paint can crayon organizers, so the buckets are free to be re-purposed!) So…here is what I did:
1. Wrap dense florist foam in tissue paper and stuff in the bottom of the buckets.
2. Stick a colorful pencil in the center (this will be hot glued in, as will the foam).
3. Add a pretty bow and a double-sided color owl.
4. Stick colorful pencils in the bucket (insert the sharp end into the foam).
Afterthought: I will be using shredded gift bag filler to top the florist’s foam. This will hide the contents in a festive way while hiding the “guts” of the can. And…hopefully, keep little hands from trying to pull out the foam base! I found this out by “trial and error” when my four-year-old grandson decided to see what it was all about! lol
5. The perfect little topper with a place for kids to keep those pencils from rolling!
6. Next…cute name tags for each child’s pencil! The cute owls are digital art from Etsy!